Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Welcome

Welcome to my first ever blog. Yes I have Facebook; yes I run a couple of Facebook Pages related to my photography; yes I have Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and Snapchat. If I have all of that then why do I need to do this blog? I wanted something, or somewhere, I could dedicate to my feelings, thoughts, and experiences.

Will it all have to do with photography? Absolutely not! I will use this forum to discuss anything and everything that has to do with life in general. I will talk about my photography and share some of my work so as to get your perspective on what I am doing right or wrong.

I am horrible with grammar; I have a hard time spelling stuff without Google (I'd be lost without it); and I sound funny when I talk with my Southern draw. I can't complain too much about that, though, because that is one of the features my wife really loves about me, that and my blue eyes.

I swear, worry, and I use "LOL" or some form of it entirely too much! I'm OK with all of this because these things make me who I am. Of course I have a lot of other characteristics and flaws that account for me being me, but I want you to find these things out about me along the way.

So why am I starting this blog now? Simple answer, at the time of this post, Jan. 2017, I am in the process of starting my own photography business and I want people to get to know me when they see my work or hear about what I do. The more complex answer is, I wanted to let people get to know me that may not ever have the chance of meeting me. I feel like I have a lot to offer this world but always seem to get in my own way of showcasing what I am about. Maybe this blog will help me get out of my own way and become a better person, husband, father, son, brother, and friend by putting myself out there and hopefully seeing comments from you all with words of encouragement, helpful hints, and stories of your past experiences.

So let's start this journey. I hope you take away something from every post, even if it is as simple as LOL. Most importantly I hope everyone feels as if they know me as they follow along, even if they never meet me. Comments are always welcome, and much appreciated. As an "artist" they kind of let us know if we are doing something right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment