Thursday, March 2, 2017

My NASCAR Daytona Trip

Last week I was able to go to Florida for my first ever trip to Daytona for Speedweeks. My dad has been going to the Duel races for a few years now and this year I was FINALLY able to go with him being that I live closer to them since leaving for the Army in 2003. It was a fun filled trip that I really needed for several reasons; needing to see family and getting my racing fix! Here is my trip in pictures and videos!

Thursday's CanAm Duels

The weather wasn't very cooperative so all of these were taken with my cell phone. It was so sketchy that they kept having to red flag the truck practice that was happening before the Duels.
 
Rare opportunity to pregame with my dad

Going through one of the tech stations

Hanging out with my dad on the "ball field" for the prerace activities

Getting ready for the start, we were at the start finish line 4 rows up
Here are the cars in the first race going past us at speed. I've been to a lot of races in my life but the most difficult thing to get used to for me was seeing the cars diving off into turn one and then feeling the air come up off of them. LOL


Friday's Truck Race

With the weather being a lot more favorable I took my camera. While I wasn't able to get all of the shoots that I wanted, I still think I got some good enough ones.

This place is HUGE

Taken from observation deck atop of the garages in the fan zone

Someone doesn't like Daniel Suarez

Maybe dad knew Kurt was going to win

That banking...those leans, though!
Here is the 32 truck field coming to the line for lap two. I just stopped videoing when they had their first crash, the first of many with many tore up trucks.



No comments:

Post a Comment