Wednesday, September 13, 2017

So We Did A Thing

For the past several years I have been wanting to expand on my photography by implementing some video into my repertoire. I started out by adding some GoPro footage, then some post race interviews that I did with a street stock series I worked with while I lived in Texas, and then moved to montages of the aforementioned series. This past weekend I took a huge step and did my first ever interview.



While very rudimentary, it was a success for me. I learned that I can do it, I know what mistakes I made and how to correct them, and I believe I was successful with my short-term goal of bringing awareness to the series that I did the piece on. I know from my previous experience that things can really get a lot better the more comfortable I get in doing them. I will still have quite a few limitations being that I am a one man operation and don't have all of the appropriate equipment to pull of an ESPN style interview, even though they really aren't the standard. 

So what was the purpose of the interview? It was a multifaceted project that includes bringing awareness to the series, gain more exposure and credibility for myself, and to push the boundaries of my comfort zone. I know that as of me creating this blog, the video had already amassed 1.6k views and a reach to over 4,500 people on Facebook alone 

I would really like to continue to do these and keep expanding on the purpose of doing them to help grow the sport that I love. They won't be limited to series or tracks but they will be limited in the respect that I am only one person and limited to the capabilities of the equipment I have to work with. With that being said, if you have an interest in doing one, or know someone that might want to, shoot me a message through one of the various ways to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment