Friday, August 25, 2017

Don't Call It A Comeback, Well Kinda

Well, check it out! Guess who decided to give this blogging thing a go again. Yup, this guy! So much has happened over the six plus months since my last post and I feel like I can try to give you quality posts. Some things, however, haven't changed. I'm still Jamie, I'm still not comfortable doing this, which I hope will change over time, my grammar is still going to be lacking, and I'm definitely still goofy as ever. With that said, let's get this ball rolling!!!

As I said previously, a lot has happened since I last posted. I've FINALLY been able to get out and shoot on a somewhat regular basis, could have been more but Mother Nature hasn't played nice, which has given me ideas of things to talk about. I believe I have made some solid contacts in the local racing community which have afforded me some of the opportunities to get out and shoot. This can also be said about some of the media outlets I leaned on at the beginning of the season, which helped me develop the working relationships I have with tracks and series alike. 




With all of that said, I want to take some time to recognize some of the people that have been a big part of allowing me to do what I do. I also want to use this post to talk about how I am going to change how I approach using the blog to attempt to work hand-in-hand with my site and social media accounts.

First and foremost I need to thank Ben Shelton of onedirt.com. I reached out to Ben near the end of last season, after attending only two races, knowing that I wasn't going to be able to get out and shoot on my own this season. He entertained me and I started asking him for help with credentials and he delivered on every request, even when I put him in a pinch. Without his help, I may have thrown in the towel a long time ago. Him helping me has been such an integral part of me making most of the relationships I have with tracks and series, even when I wasn't putting out the highest of quality of work that I know I can do. My hats off to you sir!

Getting hooked up with OneDirt was a huge part of me hooking up with two regional series covering both modifieds and late models. On the modified side are Steve Summerlin and Tyler Skinner of the South East Dirt Modified Series. In regards to the late models is Kelley Carlton of the Ultimate Super Late Model Series. I have been honored to be able to work with both organizations. As with Ben and OneDirt, I hope they know that I love being a part of something bigger than I am, even if it is in such a minor unofficial role and providing photographs for promotional purposes.

I also want to thank the tracks that I have attended so far this season and them allowing me to do what I do as well. Jim Long and Aaron Swann at Fayetteville Motor Speedway and Richard Bailey at Dublin Motor Speedway, the two tracks that I have covered the most. I have also been able to attend one race at Carolina Speedway in Gastonia, NC and Volunteer Speedway in Bulls Gap, TN. I do hope to make more trips to both facilities as the opportunities arise. I have had several rain outs at County Line Raceway in Elm City, NC this year but I have one more opportunity coming this November. There are a couple of tracks I have in the works to attend but it is too early to count my chickens before they hatch, more to come about those later.

So now that my thank yous are out of the way, I want to address how I'm planning to use this blog from here on out. Unlike my previous attempt, I will not and cannot post daily; I just don't have it in me to keep coming up with relevant material that often. I do plan on a weekly post at this time but will have to adjust for how often I get out to shoot. This is going to be more about my photography adventures more than anything else and how I see things with tracks and series. If I'm not out shooting, I just can't write. I will not use this to bash any tracks or series that I cover. They catch entirely too much flack as it is and I want to use this to hopefully offset that negativity with positive coverage and comments. While no one is perfect, they already know that and they will surely get enough grief from other angles, I'm just not about to dog pile them. Lastly, I want this to be a conversation. Yes, this is "My Point of View" but that doesn't mean it is always right and I am always looking to discuss things. PLEASE don't come here to bash tracks or series as that will get no one far and fast. Constructive criticism is fine but there is a line that I won't let get crossed. I also will be posting links to my newest galleries and bouncing potentially important racing stories I find from the web. I want to hear your thoughts and ideas about my work and how the blog is going. Without interaction from you liking, commenting, or sharing; this is just about me and I don't want that.

So let's have some fun! I have a couple of ideas already in the works and that should get things going here. Keep an eye peeled on my social media as I try to grow this. If you really like this, please don't hesitate to subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment