Tuesday, January 2, 2018

New Year, New Goals

Happy New Year everyone and I hope you all had an outstanding holiday season! I had a fairly quiet one this year, no complaints at all, but I'm glad it's over. With that out of the way, I can completely focus on the coming racing season. I'm already going stir crazy after about a month away but I don't know any true race fans that aren't. 2018 looks to be a promising year for me and I'm hoping that I can follow through with some of my resolutions that will positively impact my life, personal and professional.

With that said, I want to get something off of my chest real quick before I talk about 2018 plans. Why are people so hell bent on wanting other people to fail or knocking them for trying to change things about themselves?  You know what I'm talking about. I have seen that "New year, new me" meme with Leo DiCaprio more times than I care to count. As I said before, I have some personal and professional goals that I would like to achieve and it just seems silly to want someone to fail at making a positive change in their lives. All I can say is live and let live.

Whew, now that's out of the way, let's talk some racing.


2017 was a pretty good year for me with a lot of firsts; the first year in business, the first year working with media outlets, a first time visit to six regional tracks, and first time taking in a WoOLMS and LODLMS races. While 2017 was good, I hope I can make 2018 even better!

Making 2018 better will start out on a good note, and soon. Speedweeks, can anyone say Speedweeks? Yup, I'll be a Volusia Speedway Park for the modified portion of Speedweeks, February 10-12 to start off my season. I'll then head to central Florida to go hang out with my pops and my niece for a few days and maybe catch a race or two elsewhere, before heading back home. Fun fact, or maybe not so fun: I lived in Florida for about 18 years and never once attended any Speedweeks events in the state. Sad, isn't it? That all changed last year, 14 years after leaving when I attended the Twin 125's and the CWTS race at Daytona with my dad. I do have plans after that and will release the information when it is time. Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked about the opportunity.

I have the entire SEDMS, WoOLMS, LODLMS, and Ultimate Super Late Model Series schedules on my nifty spreadsheet but obviously can't attend all of the races. I have them just to make sure when they are in the area that I can hopefully make it. I plan on adding the Carolina Clash, the I-95 Late Model Challenge, and a couple marquee events to the schedule when they come out.

I would also like to do some more video work, mainly interviews. I did one for SEDMS last year and it seemed to go over pretty well. I have some ideas for new ones already but am always up for suggestions.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone that has supported me in, especially in the past year, All of this means nothing if I don't have people appreciate or support what I do and I have A LOT of both! I hope to continue to grow this year and make as many new racing friends and connections as possible.

Jamie

Website
Facebook Page
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment