Monday, January 21, 2019

What is Your Motivation

What's up, everyone? Today I wanted to take some time to talk about something that has been on my mind; whether they have been induced by life events, which there have been quite a few lately, or ideas that have popped up into my out of control mind. I want to talk about what motivates me to do what I do, how I use that motivation, and how it, in the end, helps me provide the best of everything I do.


I talked about this and how I wanted to use my motivation to make me a better person. Update: nothing really changed. I'm not surprised by this but that's because I know me better than anyone else on this. Now, this might sound like I'm being harsh or I'm just too tough on myself but think about it this way; even if I am what people think, harsh or unfair to myself, none of that changed a thing about how I have lived my life in the past year. I could go on and say that some events prevented or inhibited my personal progress but that just seems like a cop-out. I'm all for taking the blame for my actions and inaction alike. I feel like it gives me a chance to come clean with myself and progress from that point. The feeling of being free of a guilty conscience is so powerful to me; I feel like that is what makes me a better person to those around me, to a fault sometimes.


So, why am I rehashing this topic? Simple, there have been some life events lately that I want to use as motivation. First and foremost, I just had another birthday. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely thankful that I'm not pushing daisies and for the most part in good health. The part that does bother me is I'm pretty much in the same situation in life today as I was two years ago. The only difference is that instead of starting a business is I'm trying to figure out how to grow it. Other than that, and a few pounds that I've gained, I'm still doing the same exact things; mostly wishing and dreaming. I'm very thankful for what I have and I ultimately believe that I'm in the here and now for a reason, free will being one of them, and understand that same mentality can get me to where I want to be, or least in the right direction. I would be remiss if I didn't take this opportunity to thank everyone that helped me get from the start to the growing part of the business, without none of them this blog would be more about how to fail without help. Just as with a free will, I will need and use the help to get where I want to be.

Speaking of those who have helped me, what motivates me next is the faith people have in me to succeed. I know I can but question myself far too often. I have family, friends, and peers that have unwavering faith in my abilities and I think it is far time for me to start believing in myself as much as they do for nothing more than to show the respect I have for them. To you all that have believed in me, thank you. Your energy will no longer fall on deaf ears and I promise I will do what I can to make it worth your while.

I know most of the viewers of my content are of my age, or near it, and older. So this next motivator is going to ask you to think long and hard about the painful breakup you had that you swore would never happen again. This has nothing to do with my relationship with my wife but it's just as close. The hardest thing in life is to let go of someone you love but when that love is toxic, it's just the best thing to do for all parties involved. When it's an ugly "breakup" you all know that things get said out of pure hatred for the situation not so much towards the other party. It's those evil things in this situation that will make me a better person, overall, and make me set some new goals and standards for myself. I'm not free of guilt for my part in the "breakup" but I'm not taking the entire blame either.

Lastly, and definitely not the least, is my motivation to be a good role model for my family, old and young alike. I feel like I've been far to idle in this department and I need to change that. My plan is to show how dedication and the persistent pursuit of being the best at my craft can open many doors of opportunities. There was no lack of new opportunities last year but I hope to make many, many more this year.

If you've made it this far, thank you for sticking it out. I know I'm all over the place, which is who I am. Hopefully, you can use this to help you reach your goals by knowing you aren't out there alone struggling to be a better person or professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment