Monday, October 2, 2017

What's In a Name

You know, surprisingly the question that I hardly ever, if ever, get asked is how I came up with the name "JBHotShots." One would think something like that would be questioned, and quite often. So I'm going to explain something that apparently doesn't need to be explained. Really I'm grasping at straws for something to write about. LOL


Back in 2006 when I got started in photography, my friend gave me the name JB Photography when watermarking my images to separate our work on his site. When I moved away and started on my own site, JB Photography wasn't available for a domain name, no shock there, so I had to come up with something different. 


With my initials being JB, that was an obvious thing to keep and work with. The HotShots part is a play. Now, "your mileage may vary" but just about every race car driver I've encountered has thought of themselves as hot shoes or hot shots. I don't mean that in a bad way, they just have a different personality than Jane and John Doe up in the stands. And truth be told, most athletes have this mentality to push themselves to become better at their craft or they really don't achieve their personal goals...in most cases. So where is the play? I used that same mentality with my pictures, even though I am my toughest critic, and dubbed my good pictures as hot or hot shots, see what I did there? LOL I know it sounds cheesy but it really serves a purpose on trying to pay homage to drivers and keep reminding myself that I can photographer sometimes. LOL By the way, I'm pretty sure my wife has NEVER liked what I came up with. LOL

Did you ever wonder how I got the name? 

No comments:

Post a Comment