Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Leavin' On a Jet Plane

Oh yeah, baby!!! This dude is headed out for a trip to see my parents today and I'm pretty stoked. With that said, I may not be blogging as usual but I will definitely be using Facebook as that is my go to.
 
This trip is pretty special to me. Sure it's going to suck not being with my wife and daughters but this will be one full of firsts. 
  • This will be my first solo trip to see my folks in quite a while. If my memory serves me correctly, this will be the first time since 2006, after I got out of the Army and with a broken hand, that this will have happened. Like I said, I love and will miss my little family here at home but this is much needed. Thank you to my parents and wife for making this happen.
  • This trip is to replace my mom as my dad's "plus 1" on Thursday for the duel qualifying races for the Daytona 500 this weekend. I lived in Florida for a lot of years but have never been to the track for any type of race even though I have visited it a few times. This will be my first ever NASCAR event. The one other time was last summer at Pocano Raceway and it was rained out.
  • I will also be seeing my first Truck series race on Friday. My dad picked up a couple of tickets and mom didn't want to go.
  • This will be my first trip to any non NASCAR speedweeks events. On Saturday we are planning a trip to Volusia Speedway Park to catch the last night of super late models and modifieds.
How cool is that?!?!? So if I miss a couple of blogs, now I have a pretty good reason to do so; even though I will do my best to try.

In case you don't know or remember my social media pages, here is a link to each one of them. I will say that I have been posting a bit more to IG over the past couple of days so you may want to follow me there, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment